On behalf of the organising committee of this Image-Based Simulation for Industry (IBSim-4i) event, we are delighted to invite you to participate in this initiative to develop the community of image-based simulation users in industry.
Image-based meshing is the process by which 3D images (e.g. X-ray CT or laser scanning) are converted into ultra-high resolution simulations. 3D imaging is increasingly being used in the industrial sector for inspection, non-destructive testing / evaluation (NDT/NDE) and metrology but image-based simulation is still an underutilised technique. Our aim is that the activities of IBSim-4i will facilitate a wider adoption of image-based simulation and provide a platform to discuss the cutting-edge developments in the field.
IBSim-4i (formerly IBFEM) will be the ideal forum for the fostering of ideas and the establishing of new collaborative links, helping to build strong networks within UK and at an international level.
The event will consist of three parts:
- Day 1-2: user training of the various techniques required for image-based simulation.
- Day 3-4: user and developer forum with keynote talks, presentations and a networking reception.
- Day 5: R&D collaboration workshop
The focus will be on any aspects of image-based simulation, for example:
- 3D imaging methods (X-ray / neutron tomography, laser scanning etc.)
- 3D image processing and segmentation
- Computer vision
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Image to simulation mesh techniques
- Finite element analysis (FEM/FEA)
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- High-performance computing / supercomputing
- Large-scale scientific visualisation
- Advanced / high value manufacturing
- Industry 4.0
- Smart factories
Who should attend
This event is intended for academic researchers and industry professionals who are experienced users of image-based simulation or are newly interested in this powerful technique.